Sunday, March 18, 2012

Have you ever had to wake up at 7.30sm in the weekend? Because I have so I could compete in the Weetbix Triathlon. I got up and dressed feeling very special wearing my tri-athlon T-shirt. Did my hair and grabbed my helmet and bike. Mum put it on the car and I ate breakfast and got my bag with food and drink. We were ready but had to wait for dad! My t-shirt made me start feeling nervous. It really lovely with blue and white writing. It has the sponsers names written on it like ASB and Toyota. I was in a team with Eliza and Kaiya. We biked, swam and ran. I did the biking section for 400metres until transition where I had to tag our runner Kaiya. I don't really know what place we got but it was the best. Anika On Sunday I went to Mosgiel. You may be asking why? Because I entered the Weetbix Triathlon! We had to bike, swim and run. As we waited after registeration, (we did alot of waiting) for the announcer to call yellowcaps, we watched the other kids run out from the pool. When we were called, we ran to the pool, because we were excited about starting and lined up with the other 8 yearolds. Then we did some more waiting (told you so) to get into the pool! finally we got to get up and go to do some more waiting!! Finally we were in the pool! When the coach yelled go we sped off into the deep end. When I tried to stand up and take a breath I couldn't touch the ground. we had to swim a 100 metres three times. Finally I had finished and people were helping us out. I took my cap and goggles off and started running to the bike.I got changed without gettting dried! When I was dressed I ran my bkie to the starting line. Little did I know that the bike path was really long. I biked around and around until I finally got out of the big field. I was thinking about how I was to run this field soon. Parking my bike as quickly as I could i jogged to the run start. I was really tired. Finally I reached the finish line and the 'help team' gave me a gold medal and some water. I held up the medal as they took a picture of me. I looked for mum and went to her to sit down and have a rest and listen to who got prizes, but it wasn't me. Finally it was time to pack up my gear and go home. Sylvie

No comments:

Post a Comment